At TeesnGees.com, we are committed to protecting your privacy. We want you to be able to place your order with us or subscribe to our newsletter free from worry, and have strict privacy measures to ensure this is the case. “We” means TeesnGees Ltd. which operates the website TeesnGees.com.. TeesnGees Ltd. is the controller of your personal information.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
You have the following rights relating to your personal information:
- The right to be informed about how we use your personal information
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you, including access to confirmation that your information is being processed
- The right to have your personal information changed if it is inaccurate or incomplete. You can edit your personal information in My Account
- The right to request that we delete or remove your personal information and/or prevent us from processing your personal information, in certain circumstances
- The right to obtain and reuse the personal data we hold about you for your own purposes
- The right to complain to a supervisory authority
- The right to stop receiving any direct marketing messages or the processing of your data based on legitimate interests. You can unsubscribe from marketing emails and from other marketing messages at any time:
- In My Account
- By clicking the “unsubscribe” link in any email
- By contacting our customer support team
Please contact us if you wish to exercise your rights.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we could refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it could take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone number.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with our products). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- order our products or services;
- create an account on our website;
- subscribe to our service or publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you; or
- give us feedback or contact us.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we will automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We will receive personal data about you from various third parties, such as
- Your financial status from credit reference agencies where you request a credit account
- Technical Data from parties such as website analytics providers, email service providers and payment gateways
How we use your personal information
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data although we will get your consent before sending direct marketing communications to you via email or text message where we do not otherwise have the right to do so. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
We will use your personal information for the following purposes:
In order to process your order
In order to process any order, we require your details including your name, billing address, delivery address, telephone number and email address. Your email address is required as a means of identification to allow you to access the order placement area of the site and so that you can be updated with the progress of your order. Your phone number is only used to contact you if there is an issue with your order. All data is securely stored on our systems and is only distributed to third parties as set out below. Failing to provide adequate personal information for us to process your order could result in the inability to fulfil your order. More information can be found in our Terms and Conditions.
We do not and will not sell your details to any third party. However, we share your details with the following categories of companies necessary to fulfil our service and product requirements to you, as well as to optimize your experience of our website:
- Couriers – We work with UK Mail and DPD Local and one day courier services to deliver your order to you
- Payment service providers – We work with PayPal and other providers to perform our contract with you
- Professional Service Providers – We work with marketing agencies, website hosts, overflow print/embroidery partners, software services and customer relationship management systems in order to help us run our business effectively.
In order to optimize our services
We may use your personal information to predict your purchase behavior or to make product recommendations to you. This information includes:
- Customer type (Business, Group or Team, Charity, School or Individual), which we request from you at the checkout stage
- The purpose of your order, if you select to inform us at the checkout stage
- Your purchase history and basket items
- Your contact history with us
- Your payment information
- Your name and personal contact details
- Your device type or email client
Processing for the purpose of optimizing our services is carried out on the legal basis of legitimate interests. Our legitimate interest in this case is the optimization of our services in order to provide our customers with a better service and to improve our own efficiency.
For the purpose of marketing
We may use your email address and phone number to send you marketing emails or marketing SMS messages if you “opt in” to our email or SMS offers list when placing your order, or at a later point.
We may send you marketing emails or marketing SMS messages if you have requested information from us or shopped with us, and you have not opted out of receiving that marketing (often known as the “soft opt-in”).
We may also send you marketing emails or marketing SMS messages where you are a corporate subscriber.
Every marketing email or marketing SMS message we send contains an unsubscribe link allowing you to instantly remove yourself from future campaigns.
We may send you marketing information by post unless you tell us you do not want to receive this information.
Processing for the purpose of marketing is carried out on the legal basis of legitimate interests. Our legitimate interest in this case is to provide you with marketing information which may be of use to you in the future.
For the following purposes
We may process your personal information for the following legitimate interests:
- To identify and prevent fraud
- To personalize the website and to tailor our offering to you
- Suppressions – to ensure you no longer receive marketing communications if you have unsubscribed
Processing of personal data for the above purposes is carried out on the legal basis of the legitimate interests identified above.
Transferring data outside the EEA
We do not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area.
Accuracy of data
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
How long we keep your personal information
We keep your personal information for as long as is needed to provide our service to you, or for as long as you have your account or for as long as you have not opted out of marketing (as applicable).
Security of your information
TeesnGees.com is fully PCI compliant and is assessed regularly by an independent PCI compliance scanning vendor, Security Metrics. No payment data (such as credit or debit card numbers) is stored on our systems. Entering of your personal data during the checkout process is protected by a GeoTrust SSL certificate.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
All personal data is handled with the utmost care and is never distributed to any third parties.
We use Cookie Hub to give you control over your privacy settings. When you first visited our website you will have made choices about which cookies you accept.
Cookies used on the site are categorized and below you can read about each category and allow or deny some or all of them. When categories than have been previously allowed are disabled, all cookies assigned to that category will be removed from your browser. Additionally you can see a list of cookies assigned to each category and detailed information in the cookie declaration.
Some cookies are required to provide core functionality. The website won’t function properly without these cookies and they are enabled by default and cannot be disabled.